Monday, June 20, 2011

A New Skirt!




















I made another one of my new wrap skirts! It is a new design that still has lots of quirks to work out of it, but I am enjoying even the flawed ones. This skirt is perfect for using up the fabric that you only bought one yard of because you were trying to be good and now it is your favorite fabric, but there isn't enough to do anything with it. ...except perhaps put them all together in a multi-fabric wrap skirt! Here is the right side of the skirt, attatched under the pocket is a "scissor loop" which is handy in the sewing room!


























Here is the back of the skirt. It is fish fabric, and I love it!





















Here is the front with big scoopy patch pockets. I don't have good pockets in any of my other skirts so I am REALLY enjoying having real pockets! Like I say, lots of quirks to work out yet, but the over all design is lots of fun. It is full enough to move and climb around freely, but not so full that it is in the way. And even though it is a wrap skirt, it never blows open, but is still easily adjustable. Hopefully, more to come!

1 comment:

Heilig Photography said...

Hi this is Sarah Wilson-Heilig. So this may seem crazy, but your dad is fixing my grandmother's sewing machine and they got to talking and realized we knew each other. Anyways through the wonderfully and slightly scary Google I found you. I just wanted to say that I missed you and hope all is well with you. And I'm sorry it has taken me this long to find you.